Monday, August 9, 2010

Pray for Tim Trembley

I have lofty dreams of world travel and exploration for the rest of my life. But when the blade of tragedy cuts deep and close to my family, it severs my heart in two. In circumstances such as now, the only thing I can hope to do is draw close to the people that I know best. Through shared hugs and tears I may begin to sew the two halves closed again.

As my last glance of Mexico disappears below scattered clouds and I claim this trip finished, I feel peace that I have made the right decision in returning home. There was no decision, in fact. No matter how big and wonderous the world is or claims to be, it will still be there tomorrow... and the next day... and the day after that. The last thing I learned about myself from this trip of self discovery is that regardless of the promise of tomorrow, as for today, family will always be first.

I love you, my beloved Uncle Tim. You will always be in my prayers.

2 comments:

  1. "Hold all the Trembley's Jesus"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Uncle Tim and all my family out west. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete